Video Tutorial - How to properly wrap audio cables

zandre

I currently run a label and a studio and we've decided to put together a series of tutorials for people that are interested in working in a studio environment or people that are just wanting to make their own music. We have just posted our first tutorial video on How to properly wrap an audio cable. You'll be surprised how many "engineers" will come into the studio without knowing how to properly wrap a cable. We will soon post up a 10 minute video on the basic of microphones and MIDI.

*** Note I know this is real basic stuff so I decided to just post it in the Newbie section

If there are any topics that you would like us to cover or have any input please let us know.

Also we would appreciate it if you subscribed to the video if you have enjoyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6duVvwdd5F0&feature=player_embedded

Cool!

Maybe if you make a series with enough information that is delivered in a way newbies can understand it could possibly be stickied. That would be pretty cool.

It's always easier to just watch a video than it it is to read four pages of information.

Btw: That's a badass warwick in the background.

You should probably include the last part about tying the end so that it doesn't fall apart to easily.

that's interesting I learned another way to wrap that way but not in the over under method. The over under looks less stressful to the cable than the other method. I repent my wrongfull ways and now I shall return to the light. Now I go off to rewrap all my cables tata:)

Thanks guys for your response.

This video was short because we couldn't fit it with the other video we were working on (youtube only allows less than 10 minute of video).

Is there any topics in particular you guys would want to hear more or think others need to know?

Thanks guys for your response.

This video was short because we couldn't fit it with the other video we were working on (youtube only allows less than 10 minute of video).

Is there any topics in particular you guys would want to hear more or think others need to know?

A couple things that come to mind that would help the noobz would be balanced audio, audio interfaces, monitors, A simple acoustic treatment lesson (if you know much about it), and the general components of a mixer and what they do.

Of course I realize that you could go into depth for days on end on some of those subjects, but here in the noob forum we're not teaching exact science. Just some simple explanations and demonstrations would do just fine.

Back