Very Low Recording Volume

RbFaV

Hi,

continuing on from this thread: https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/newbies/connection-question-405719/

I've got my Akai EIE Pro set up and have a synth and now a drum machine plugged in. Problem, is, the gain needs to be cranked all the way up to 100% to get a recording of any kind of level.

This is the case when recording into my DAW and when simply monitoring through the EIE Pro.

I'm pretty confident I've got it set up correctly and I'm running out of ideas of what to try (well, I've run out of ideas, hence posting here!).

Many thanks,

Rich

Hi,

continuing on from this thread: Connection Question

I've got my Akai EIE Pro set up and have a synth and now a drum machine plugged in. Problem, is, the gain needs to be cranked all the way up to 100% to get a recording of any kind of level.

This is the case when recording into my DAW and when simply monitoring through the EIE Pro.

I'm pretty confident I've got it set up correctly and I'm running out of ideas of what to try (well, I've run out of ideas, hence posting here!).

Many thanks,

Rich

How about a simple hand drawn schematic of what is plugged in where including the names of the insies and outsies so we can help

A quick look at the user manual shows that the interface works through Windows Sounds and therefore you might have to set intial levels in there. I would slam them to 100% and try from there.

I take it you have installed the latest drivers?

Dave.

How about a simple hand drawn schematic of what is plugged in where including the names of the insies and outsies so we can help

Thanks very much for the reply; here's how it's all plugged in.

untitled (1).png

Attachments

• Untitled document (2).pdf
    250.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
A quick look at the user manual shows that the interface works through Windows Sounds and therefore you might have to set intial levels in there. I would slam them to 100% and try from there.

I take it you have installed the latest drivers?

Dave.

Thanks for the reply - I'll check this out, hadn't considered this at all.

Cheers!

Aha! You are plugging in unbalanced feeds to balanced line inputs. Are the cables mono jacks, TS or stereo TRS? You need the former, i.e. 'guitar' leads.

Right - I am just plugging in whatever leads I had, yes. Something like this, then, is what I should be after?

OTraki 3Ft 1M Guitar Cable 2 Pack 6.35mm 1/4" Straight to Right Angle Guitar Instrument Cables TS Braided Noiseless Audio Instrument Lead for ELectric Guitar,Bass,Keyboard: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments

So good news is I'm a moron and was simply using inappropriate cables. Cables switched and job's a good un. Thanks for your help, chaps.

Back