Using bossbr800 as interface with presonus

Leeblack

Ive been using the audiobox2 with pre sonus daw. I hate the acoustic guitar sound. I have a bossbr800 digital recorder knocking about that i bought prior to go daw option . Its a nice and fairly expensive bit of kit. It is useable as an interface and imagine id get a better guitar sound. As a newbie to daw is it somwthing anyone has encountered ? Is the boss compatible ? .
I read that people record on boss and export wav files. I just want to use it as an audio interface to replace the pre sonus audio box to hear if there is any difference. Sorry if im not so tech savvy with my lingo .

Cheers

The microphone(s) and how it's used will/should have more of an impact on the recording of an acoustic guitar than the interface and DAW used. A decent sounding acoustic guitar helps as well. What are you using for a mic and what don't you like about the way your recordings sound?

Ive been using the audiobox2 with pre sonus daw. I hate the acoustic guitar sound. I have a bossbr800 digital recorder knocking about that i bought prior to go daw option . Its a nice and fairly expensive bit of kit. It is useable as an interface and imagine id get a better guitar sound. As a newbie to daw is it somwthing anyone has encountered ? Is the boss compatible ? .
I read that people record on boss and export wav files. I just want to use it as an audio interface to replace the pre sonus audio box to hear if there is any difference. Sorry if im not so tech savvy with my lingo .
According to the Boss/Roland site, the BR800 is usable as a USB interface. The hard specs are a little fuzzy, but it appears that it will do recording at 44.1kHz/24-bit in that mode. It's not clear that you'll get 24-bit on a WAV file, though, which may only be 16-bit. In that case, if you want to try it instead of the Presonus, I'd just download the drivers from the Boss site, plug it in to the computer and see what you get in the DAW.

But, as to sounding better, that would surprise me. In order of decreasing importance to the recorded acoustic guitar sound, you might put the player first, then, guitar, mic, room, maybe some quibble on those 3 (and per [MENTION=190964]arcaxis[/MENTION], proper setup of the player in the room with the mic matters!), and only then, finally, the interface. Of course, a horrible interface might degrade the result, but the Presonus ought to be at least in the neighborhood of that Boss piece.

But, I'd be curious to know what you discover, so post back (and enough times so you can attach MP3s from both setups).

What they both ^^^^ said! Tell us what mic(s) you are using, how you set them up, how your room is treated, etc.

Hey guys . I have a different problem / use for boss now. Youll have to bare with me here .
So i didnt use the boss as a daw interface. I bought a steinber ur44 which im very happy with. However, when recording vocals id love to utilise the boss br800 harmony effects without having to diaconnect ur 44 then plug the boss in. Possibly causing problems with drivers etc. So what i am thinking ... is it possible to go from line out on rear of the boss with rca to single 1/4 inch jack cable into a dedicated input on my steinberg and use the boss as essentially an external effect device ????

AKG C1000 S . im only an amatuer enthusiast although getting more serious. At present my room is my bedroom ?? untreated as of yet

Back