USB or XLR Mic?

jmwatt1234

Recently transformed my home office to a home recording studio. One of my 1st decisions was about getting a microphone. Soon after I purchased a USB Mic I realized that I should of started with an XLR mic. This is because I mostly record guitar, I think the USB mics are better for podcast, voice overs... If you are recording music get an XLR mic.

Recently transformed my home office to a home recording studio. One of my 1st decisions was about getting a microphone. Soon after I purchased a USB Mic I realized that I should of started with an XLR mic. This is because I mostly record guitar, I think the USB mics are better for podcast, voice overs... If you are recording music get an XLR mic.

usb mikes are a cheap compromise for those who dont understand how everything works together and just want to save teh cost of an audio interface while having a mike for their computer.

Actually, I use XLR mic for voiceovers and podcasting, and it works more than nicely, and combined with vsthost, it's SO good! So yeah, drop the USB mic and invest in a XLR mic, for sure!

Back