USB to 1/4 inch Chord Not Working

Darrenbrettking

I am needing a chord that is 1/4 inch on one end, and USB on the other. And specifically I want to use this to send sound from a laptop to a TASCAM portable recorder. I purchased this: (USB Guitar Cable - ATNY Guitar USB Interface - Compatible with Windows and MacOS - Supports Both 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz Sample Rate Providing Sound (USB to Mono 1/4” Jack Connector, Black) by ATNY) - but upon trying it, it's not working. I have also tried plugging the chord straight into an amp from three different laptops that are emitting sound. The USB chord/software has been registered successfully by the laptops, but still, no sound is transferred to the TASCAM or to the amp I tried it on. Are these chords sometimes unidirectional? Meaning they will only work when sending sound FROM the TASCAM to a laptop? Or should it work both ways. Any advice would be appreciated. And if anyone knows of a type of chord that will work I'd appreciate that info. Thanks!

Nope...I don't think that will work. Those cables are meant to convert your guitar signal to USB...not the other way around.

If you want to get sound from your laptop to your Tascam without adding an audio interface...use the headphone mini-jack on the laptop.
So you need a mini-to-1/4" cable.

Back