Unstack Clip Layers

pwalsh82

Recently upgraded Cakewalk to Bandlab Cakewalk. I had a 10 track song that I decided to cut one part and paste it in the middle of the song. I used "paste special" to have it "slide over old to make room" and scoot everything else after forward. The first time it seemed to work correctly. I tried it again in a different spot and now each tracks clips are in huge stacked layers including some greyed/blacked out clips. Unfortunately I didn't realize this at first and saved to exit. When I reopened I noticed and cannot ctrl z to take back mistake. When expanding each track to track lanes there were well over 100 lanes for some of the tracks. I have no idea what happened. Some of the tracks had areas where I split them but only a few times no where near as many splits and clips that I have now. At the very least I would like to find a way to force all of the separate clips to connect in a line in order with no layers. Is there a setting that can be edited to not allow any clips to layer so they are forced away from each other? It would be a ridiculous amount of work to sort through all clips of all tracks and hand reorder. Screen shots attached. I have never been on a forum and know little about them so sorry if I don't know the proper protocol. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    328.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    318.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    324.4 KB · Views: 17
I had a problem somewhat like yours . I ended up hiding all the take lanes , highlighted the track and did a "bounce to clips" My problem was only visual. The audio was ok. From your screenshot it kinda looks like "audio snap" cut some clips up even more. Now I only use Sound on sound recording (set up in preferences). You may get more help in the cakewalk/sonar forum .. There is still online help for sonar platinum and x3. "documentation" on take lanes. Good luck MS..

Back