umc202hd direct to amp

pauloandes

Hi all, hello world

I have a cuestion I did not find in google or the interface's manual.

Can I connect my guitar and Mic to a Behringer umc202hd, ant power the interface connecting it to a 2 amp cellphone charger, and manage to output sound direct to my guitar amp to mix the mic an guitar, without using hte PC?
(maybe different post)
I f I use a laptop and guitar rig, I know I can send only the guitar signal by configuring guitar rig's audio config, and choose i.e. left channel, and process both (guitar Rigged out and Mic output) to amplify both in a single 15w guitar Amp?
Do I need too connect left channel to guitar input and right (mic) channel to CD/line in amps input?

Thanx in advance and sorry for my Latin (Colombia) english.

:guitar:

I would think the unit is not 'stand alone', so needs to be hooked up to a computer in order to configure the audio output.

I doubt it. I think you need an interface that at least has a seperate power input and thus can be used with a phone.

My old M-Audio Fast track pro would run stand alone with 9V up its jaxy. Could be used as a mic pre or guitar HZ pre or indeed a S/PDIF converter both ways. Such versatility is rarely seen in budget AIs these days.

What you need is a mixer. Both Soundcraft and Allen & Heath make small mixers with mic pres AND high Z guitar inputs. Bought my son the Soundcraft Fx8 USB and he seems happy with it.
Dave.

Back