Trying to route back recorded track to my Soundcraft EP8...

linz

I am recording audio tracks using Ableton and a Delta 1010lt audio card/PC.
I have a small soundcraft 8 track mixer which I bought for virtually next to nothing. Everything is working fine it records great into the DAW, but when I have recorded my first track and record the second track, I can't hear the recorded track through my headphones on the mixer. I am sure I did this a few weeks ago but can't think where I have gone wrong. Pressed everything/combination on Ableton and the mixing desk. Can only hear the playback if I switch back to ASIO on my PC speakers.
Appreciate some advice.

Just trying to rig back a monitor mix through the headphones if anyone can offer any advise.

AFAICT (and from my days with a 2496) the 1010lt only produces a "monitor mix" at outputs 1&2. Where on the Soundcraft do they go? I would think the best inputs for those would be the Tape/CD monitor RCAs?

I take it the mixer takes multiple mics ect and feeds the card how? Direct outs? Insert points?

As ever, "a piktrs werf a fasand words".

Dave.

AFAICT (and from my days with a 2496) the 1010lt only produces a "monitor mix" at outputs 1&2. Where on the Soundcraft do they go? I would think the best inputs for those would be the Tape/CD monitor RCAs?

I take it the mixer takes multiple mics ect and feeds the card how? Direct outs? Insert points?

As ever, "a piktrs werf a fasand words".

Dave.

Thanks for that, it may be the solution. The audio card does not label the cables in and out, so it's a guessing game. I will try moving the cabels around. and see what we get.
thanks.

Thanks for that, it may be the solution. The audio card does not label the cables in and out, so it's a guessing game. I will try moving the cabels around. and see what we get.
thanks.

The cables ARE colour coded, see attached.

Dave.

Attachments

• Delta1010LT.pdf
    401.8 KB · Views: 2
Back