Trying to create an electronic organ via MIDI keyboards

Hockeyman

If I am in the wrong BBS then just tell me where to go ;-)

I am new to MIDI hardware. I am hoping to connect a Roland pedal board (midi out), a Yamaha PSR 260 (midi IN / OUT), AND the Edirol PCR-50 to my XP Home computer and take atvantage of the SoundFonts that I have used with my Sound Blaster Audigy card and external box. In the past I have just used the one keyboard (the Yamaha) to connect to the Audigy Box via a MIDI cable. I hope to attach the pedals and Edirol keyboard and Yamaha so that I can simulate the keyboard setup of an electric organ. I was told by the sales person that this was possible by connecting the pedals to the Yamaha via MIDI from the Yamaha to the Edirol then out from the Edirol to the PC via USB. (I also have a sustain pedal as well as an expression pedal which I assume I connect to the Edirol) Is this the correct configuration? How will I be able to apply different voices to each of the three set key(pedal)boards? When I load the soundfonts from the Audigy tools I can play them on the single keyboard but if I have multiple keyboards will I need additional software? What software?

Back