Trouble with Tascam US-122L interface

optic_85

I am trying to get a Tascam US-122L interface working with Ableton Live 8. running on a PC, with Windows XP Pro as my OS. I have ASIO set as my driver type, and ASIO4ALL v2 set as my Audio Device(the interface does not appear in the audio device drop down menu).

So, a friend of mine gave me his old Tascam US-122L interface. Last he used it, everything worked fine, but it's been sitting in his closet for the better part of a year. I took it home, and downloaded the latest driver from the Tascam website, the download has a .dll file, but no executable file to install it. I then DL'd an older driver file from their website, which DOES have an executable setup file, but when I run it, it doesn't work. I then got a driver from a non-Tascam site, that ran successfully, but Ableton still dosen't recognize the interface. If I go to Device manager I can see "TASCAM US-122L MIDI", and according to XP it is functioning. Is it possible that only the MIDI is working? Do I need some other driver to get it to work with ASIO? Can anybody help this pathetic newb?!

Back