Transferring my song

BronzeWomn

I 'm new here. I would like to know how can I transferr my songs that I recorded on my yam p120 piano to a tape recorder..I tried it and it wasn't very clear when I put it on my cassett tape. I dont have a cd burner yet. Maybe next time I should hook my piano up to my cassette deck and maybe my instrumental will be more clearer.? Next question is I have a computer, exactly what can mps do? For instance can I record online or transferr my music to an mps and make cds if I have a cd burner? Also do Windows Media Player record anything? I know its alot of questions,,but, I need to be undated in this tech world and don't understand all this..recording stuff. Thanks alot.

Maybe next time I should hook my piano up to my cassette deck and maybe my instrumental will be more clearer.?

How did you do it the first time?

Next question is I have a computer, exactly what can mps do?
Do you mean MP3? It's a compressed file format that does a lot of sophisticated audio processing to throw away some of the less-critical data while keeping the fidelity of the song fairly high. It's usefull for being able to transfer songs via the internet, because it makes the file size much, much smaller while retaining most of the original quality.

Also do Windows Media Player record anything?
I believe it's a player only.

I know its alot of questions,,but, I need to be undated in this tech world and don't understand all this..recording stuff.
You mean updated? Or inundated?

Transferring Sounds

No, who is norm? Chuck ,the lst time I recorded the song from my piano track was with a small cassette recorder I hook up the cassette recorder with midi jacks from the cassatte player {using the headphone slot into my piano. The word I meant was updated.

the lst time I recorded the song from my piano track was with a small cassette recorder I hook up the cassette recorder with midi jacks from the cassatte player {using the headphone slot into my piano.

Wow. Well, that wouldn't be possible in this universe. You must be mixing the names of thinmgs up. Cassette decks do not have MIDI jacks. And even if they did, you could not record audio through them.

Anyway, with a cassette recorder there are two basic ways you can approach it,

(1) (This is probably the better way for your purposes.) Plug the Line Out of the keyboard into the cassette deck's line input. If you have stereo output from the keyboard, use both the L and R inputs on the cassette deck. Put it in Record and press Pause, and adjust the input levels so that the loudest sudden sounds from the keys causes the input meters to tickle the red zone.

(2) (This might be a preferred method if you're playing through an amp and the sound of the amp is what you want to capture). Stick a mic in front of your keyboard amp. Plug it into the mic input. Not recommended in general because the preamp on the mic input of a typical cassette deck sucks.

who is norm?
Norm Crosby is a comedian whose act consisted of butchering the English language in an amusing sort of way... using the wrong big words for things and such.

recording

Then that would be me. i have a dad sounds just like that and im his daughter...{just kidding}. Chuck, I didn't mean a midi...I just meant a jack..u know the little red and white things. Thanks alot chuck. Iam going to try the mid and amp lst..if this doesn't come out then I will try the to record from my Tape deck. I am not good with all these musical recording words and all.

Back