track monitoring

Fusion2

i can't for the life of myself get stienberg or cakewalk to playback a track and record a track "without" recording the frist playing mixed back in with the second recorded track?

am i saying that right? i want to play a drum track on track 1 and record guitar on track 2 "without" the drum track in it, track 2, guitar alone on 2, no drums...

i wish to play tracks and record a track by itself all at once, is this possible? i believe so but can't comprehend how the monitoring is config...

does it require panning the channels? left and right? sorry...

soundcard delta410, 8ch mixer...

thanks...

Open up your Window Mixer/ Volume control.
Click Options/Properties. Check Recording. Click OK

If you have Mixer or What You Hear selected, that's your problem and all you need to do is select Microphone or line in, depending on your inputs. Good luck!

Dakota said:

If you have Mixer or What You Hear selected, that's your problem and all you need to do is select Microphone or line in, depending on your inputs. Good luck!

really, humm... i installed another delta 410 yesterday and it wouldn't show any activity on the soft mixers VU's unless i enabled "what U hear"

i believe i understand what your saying though, thanks tons...

any other suggestions or links will be greatly appreciated 10x...

Dakota said:

it works! :) now, what can i do about all that latency? i used line in just because i have a line returning from the mixer to it, i'm useing nuendo at the moment on a test box...

xp1800/512pc2700/twin 80g 7200/win XP/

hats off to you Dakota...

Back