Tin can sound?

Cameraguy

These are my issues.
Our set up is a remote, studio in one location and control room 20 km away. Audio and video is a line in.
Audio board is Yamaha dx 2000
-My host sounds like a tin can. What eq or other things I can do to make it sound better. Mind you the set is not really sound proof and host has glass behind her.
Also preamp is at the other location, does it matter what type of preamp we have can that make a difference pro vs consumer they are
These are the preamps guest on the Nandy pra 8 and host on the pro mpa 2?

Thanks.

Step one is to determine the cause. If the acoustic environment is the cause then acoustic treatment is the solution. You can't fix bad acoustics with eq.

How exactly is the audio getting from a to b? Analogue leased line, via 4G, or via the net? If it's via the net, then apart from delay, quality shouldn't be an issue.

What does it sound like at the remote location? This is likely to be the key? A few more details would help.

And likewise, you can't fix an electronic doubling of the signal with eq. Whether it's acoustic or electronic the cure is prevention.

Don't know what kind of mic your using, but if not already I would try a dynamic like sm57. The directionality of your mic also plays a part in room reflections,tone, ect.

Thanks for the feedback.
It's coming threw line in fiber.
So I have 3 cameras and 3 mics in studio, audio going threw cam 2.
It's stereo.

Back