Tascam DR-22WL

I would be very surprised if that Tascam recorder did not have a screw fitting to enable it to be mounted on a microphone stand (or indeed a camera tripod!) ?

Thus you can make a "co-incident stereo" recording of your voice and then transfer that to a PC for editing, a task Audacity was made for. I don't know the 22WL but many of the later generation of such recorders can function as an Audio Interface and do allow the connection of other microphones (but phantom power might be an issue) If the unit CAN be used as an interface I would suggest different recording software and Reaper is the usual suggestion.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for taking time to reply.

I suppose I don't understand you quite well and my knowledge very limited to say the least. But my intention is to use tascam as mic that I can connect to my computer - just like my current bad mic is connect via USB interface.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for taking time to reply.

I suppose I don't understand you quite well and my knowledge very limited to say the least. But my intention is to use tascam as mic that I can connect to my computer - just like my current bad mic is connect via USB interface.

Thanks

AAFAICT the recorder does not operate as a "thru" device on a computer but even if it did the quality of recording would be just the same. Same mics, same mic pres, same converters.

You can however connect the device to a PC via a USB cable and "dump" the recordings off. I have not read deeply of the manual but you would need to ensure that the files are transferred as .wav (said as "dot wav') files in either 16 or 24 bit format and at 44.1kHz for preference but 48kHz if that is all it will do.

Once you have the files (I would stick them temporarily on the Desktop, can never bloody find things in W7!) you will be able to open them in Audacity or Reaper and edit to your hears, add reverb, EQ etc.
Again, have not checked but does the Tascam store to an SD card? If so it might be easier to just plug that into the PC?

Dave.

Yes you can. Connect the recorder's audio out and your PC's line-in with a 3.5 mm male to male cable. A line-in device will appear on your pc as a microphone device.

Back