Synth VST's

Privacles

I am doing a metal album I am looking for a good synth for metal what is good? I just cant seem to find the right sound something that you would here maybe on Swedish metal like Inflames or Soilwork looking for a nice lead I like free vst's but I would even consider buying if its fantastic. I am more knowlegable with Guitar and drums dont know much about midi synth I am still learning))):guitar::guitar::guitar:

We really cannot help. I have piles and piles of synths that I never have even listened to - because they came bundled with the other sounds I wanted - Kontakt, for example gives you masses of them, and owners need to spend hours and hours finding and getting used to each one, then (if they're like me) I give them a star rating so I can find them again. If you start searching and downloading free ones, you will constantly be finding terrible and excellent ones that nobody has ever heard of! I can't recommend any of my synths to you because I have no idea the kind of sound you want? Just recently I was trying to do a track for Final Countdown, and finding that one very well known synth sound took ages and ages and still I kept going because I figured somewhere would be a better one!

Not sure, but you might want to research what synths those bands are actually using and then look for a VST that does that sort of thing... Good luck.

I am with Rob, I have a lot of synth plug ins, hell I have an old LAPC-1 card I am thinking of trying to get to work to get sounds out of it, but man when I am looking for a sound, hours to find something. And usually I still end up with nothing.

Ya might want to ask/research as Ujn stated. A lot easier. But even then I bet getting it dialed will still be difficult.

Back