Studio One cursor/move

a couple of questions on StudioOne 5 Artist. Got it with Faderport. The Faderport works ok but is it worth
the money??? I don't think so. I wouldn't recommend it. It just isn't needed that much.My 2 cents.

Cubase seems just as good honestly.
Studio1 questions...
I want the track to move with the cursor on playback.Right now it goes to the end of the screen and reloads the next one..I like the other way..
Cubase had an icon for that...what is the ST1
method...?
I use Greyscale on my Mac when I am doing most computer stuff. Not so great with a DAW...
is there a repository of good color schemes available, some that try to keep the glare and blue light toned down???any tips on themes with that in mind...?
I am going to have to use a USB Hub for all these extra plugs....if I just use the hub for the mouse and
the FaderPort and the midi keyboard I shouldn't have any trouble, no?? It would be one at a time mostly...
Will Halion Sonic SE work in Studio One??
that's enough for now, more later..
thanks

a couple of questions on StudioOne 5 Artist. Got it with Faderport. The Faderport works ok but is it worth
the money??? I don't think so. I wouldn't recommend it. It just isn't needed that much.My 2 cents.

Cubase seems just as good honestly.
Studio1 questions...
I want the track to move with the cursor on playback.Right now it goes to the end of the screen and reloads the next one..I like the other way..
Cubase had an icon for that...what is the ST1
method...?
I use Greyscale on my Mac when I am doing most computer stuff. Not so great with a DAW...
is there a repository of good color schemes available, some that try to keep the glare and blue light toned down???any tips on themes with that in mind...?
I am going to have to use a USB Hub for all these extra plugs....if I just use the hub for the mouse and
the FaderPort and the midi keyboard I shouldn't have any trouble, no?? It would be one at a time mostly...
Will Halion Sonic SE work in Studio One??
that's enough for now, more later..
thanks

I love studio one, not sure i understand your cursor question??

when you playback a song the cursor line moves thru it. But in Cubase and others the whole track moves too at a slightly slower speed. Its nice visually. It has a setting name but I forget what its called. Many people here would know what I mean. I want to activate that feature in StudioOne.

I can't believe people are using Studio One without a fully functional autoscroll.... I tried it and went back to Cubase.
Now I am starting to wonder if PreSonus is just doing a big hype job on a DAW that might not have that many users.
Even Garageband,which is considered a joke by many, has a full autoscroll. That is the tracks move to the left so the cursor stays in the middle and you can see where you are at all the time without being distracted by the page turn.
I know audio pros would insist on this. I also noticed other shortcomings in Studio One. The Instruments are average..
the app can get overloaded and skittish sometimes. I wouldn't touch Studio1 until they up the quality some..
I know they put out updates a lot ...why they haven't addressed the autoscroll is odd....too much hype.

Back