Static help

916rh

Hi, im kind of new lol i used to be a member years ago but don't remember my user name anyways, im having a problem when i record vocals and play back there's static, i changed mics so it not that i also re installed the drivers and cubase, changed buffer but it's still there, im posting the sound cloud sample of the static and low vocals its the 1st 10 seconds, thanks in advance.

this is what i'm using

Tascam us-122mkII

cubase le

windows 7

Where are the vocals? The 'static' kinda fits there actually. :)

That static sounds like high gain on a preamp with no connection to a mic. Why is there no sound on the track you sent?

Post a sample of you actually making noise through the mic and interface. It could be a bad cable, bad mic, bad interface, bad setup, or bad judgment. Hard to tell with just a block of noise in a mix.

Give more and get better answers. :)

That static sounds like high gain on a preamp with no connection to a mic. Why is there no sound on the track you sent?

Post a sample of you actually making noise through the mic and interface. It could be a bad cable, bad mic, bad interface, bad setup, or bad judgment. Hard to tell with just a block of noise in a mix.

you can't hear the vocals? what i posted is my recording on the mic with the interface, im saying "testing testing static testing" on it,its pretty low though.

There is a massive 50Hz component in there.

50Hz must come from a bad lead as mentioned or coupling from a "rat" transformer of some kind (could be a guitar amp?) although traffs usually inject a fair bit of 3rd harmonic at 150Hz.

BTW, LOST cause I know but "static" is a very loose term for electrical noise. Here in UK it means almost only the crackles you got on old AM radio. Best to describe interference more precisely as "hum" or hiss or clicks etc.

By definition hum is not "static" cos its a moving magnetic field!

Dave.

Attachments

• Spectrum static.png
    Spectrum static.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 86

it was a bad mic cord, good thing i had a extra cord, switched it and it was good.

Back