Soundcraft Spirit M12 & effects via aux

emiliano

Dear all

I recently purchased a second hand Soundcraft Spirit M12.

I wanted to connect my Line 6 POD X3 live to see whether it can be used for its effects on different line ins. But it doesn't seem to work out.

Line out Aux 3 goes to line in POD. Line out POD goes to (and here I tried all sort of connections, but nothing really works) .... I didn't forget to open aux 3 in the channels I want to have the effect.

Where should the line out of the POD go? To the L-R return RCA-input of that channel? Of another channel? Or just to a line in of another channel?

Or should I use other cables?

I tried everything (but just not the one correct thing :-)).

First off, have you downloaded the manual from Soundcraft? If not do so NOW! Then work through it as it contains a wealth of connection examples.

Next. Do you understand the signal flow block diagram I have attached, no? Well, YOU GOTTA! There is no magic formula. Stuff produces AC voltages, most are wee, some very wee and some middling wee. Find the diagram that best suits the process you want to employ and plug up accordingly. Do not worry, even if you get it wrong no damage will ensue.
Things might hum like ***t, or squeal with "feedback" but no smoke will emerge. Keep final output controls at minimum and advance them slowly.

Now, don't worry but. There was a "Spirit" mixer that had a rather feeble power supply but I don't know the mark or Mod number. Might be as well to ask around and perhaps see if a replacement PSU can be found? Rainy day.

Dave.

Attachments

• block d m12.png
    block d m12.png
    113 KB · Views: 29
Yes, I downloaded the manual. And I have read it. I just wanted to know if what I'm doing is correct:

AUX 3 send -> POD X3 input (mono jack - mono jack)
POD X3 Line out L / R -> LINE Input CH 1 & CH 2 (mono jack - mono jack x 2)

OR

POD X3 Line out L / R -> L / R returns AUX3 CH (double mono jack - double RCA)

OR

POD X3 Line out L / R -> L / R LINE IN AUX3 CH

Is one of these above correct? Do I use the correct cables?

Thank you!

Back