Sound magic Piano One install issues

Marcus Desade

Hi Noobie non-tech head here,

I'm running Cubase SX with windows 10 and downloaded the free but rather good sounding Piano One to install as a VST instrument. I installed the 64 bit version with default locations which loaded the .dll file (on it's own) to C/Progrm Files/VST PlugIns and a 'Sound Magic' folder containing the .ins files etc to C/User/Public/Public Documents.

Upon opening Cubase Piano One does not appear in my list of VST instruments but when I go to Devices/Plug-in information I can see it but none of the extra info e.g. category/vendor etc is displayed.

I tried deleting all the files and re-installing to C/Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VST Plugins to no avail.

In desperation I then just copied the .dll file every location which had VST in the title on both Program Files and Program Files (x86) with and without the .ins file in the same location and I was then able to see it in VST instruments. However upon trying to link in to a midi channel 'Piano One' did not appear in the 'out' drop down list.

From the VST instruments on the mixer interface I could open up the instrument but the instrument files would not load even when directed to the .ins file in the public documents folder.

I've exhausted my 'logical' options so need some help from someone who knows what they're doing......any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you in advance

Marcus

Last edited:
Hi Noobie non-tech head here,

I'm running Cubase SX with windows 10 and downloaded the free but rather good sounding Piano One to install as a VST instrument. I installed the 64 bit version with default locations which loaded the .dll file (on it's own) to C/Progrm Files/VST PlugIns and a 'Sound Magic' folder containing the .ins files etc to C/User/Public/Public Documents.

Upon opening Cubase Piano One does not appear in my list of VST instruments but when I go to Devices/Plug-in information I can see it but none of the extra info e.g. category/vendor etc is displayed.

I tried deleting all the files and re-installing to C/Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VST Plugins to no avail.

In desperation I then just copied the .dll file every location which had VST in the title on both Program Files and Program Files (x86) with and without the .ins file in the same location and I was then able to see it in VST instruments. However upon trying to link in to a midi channel 'Piano One' did not appear in the 'out' drop down list.

From the VST instruments on the mixer interface I could open up the instrument but the instrument files would not load even when directed to the .ins file in the public documents folder.

I've exhausted my 'logical' options so need some help from someone who knows what they're doing......any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you in advance

Marcus

Just an update for anyone reading this.......my version of Cubase was too old for the Piano One plug-in so I just bought an up to date version which didn't run on cogs and elastic bands

Back