Shure SM58s or Alternatives?

I'd get a couple of those EV Co7 mics for the same price as a single new 58. In fact, I did. ;) The frequency response is very similar, but they're like 4 x more sensitive, so require less gain downstream.

Sorry if im being annoying but I cant seem to be set on a mic
Has anyone heard of the Sterling Audio ST51?? it seems to have more bass when closer than the 2020/2035
I kinda like it more than the AT2020,2035, and SM58

Last edited:
Yup. The SM58 has a big presence peak which helps the vocal cut through on a noisy stage but flat it isn't. If the OP wants the classic warm radio voice it's probably not the mic for him.

Yup. The SM58 has a big presence peak which helps the vocal cut through on a noisy stage but flat it isn't. If the OP wants the classic warm radio voice it's probably not the mic for him.

What would you recommend then?

The 835 has a similar helming hand in it's EQ - as John mentioned above. Nice mic, sensible price and a good sound - for singing really close into and sounding better than you really are. Move away and it gets thin very quickly.

The 835 has a similar helming hand in it's EQ - as John mentioned above. Nice mic, sensible price and a good sound - for singing really close into and sounding better than you really are. Move away and it gets thin very quickly.

but im not singing just commentating

Back