Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DIY - other -- what/how ?

• tbd

• tbd2

• Total voters
tried to do a poll but it failed until after i posted and now i cant edit the choices
the list below has two more than the poll so use tbd and tbd2 for them

so do you use any of the following

kunaki

cd baby

trepstar

diskfaktory

distrokid

mobineko

tbd - taxi

tb2 - kingdom

other

DIY burning - what program do you use?

DIY other - what/how ?!

none

Last edited:
I wish I knew what they were. I might use them. :D

Seriously, I'm assuming they are CD manufacturing/printing/distribution services of some kind. I used CD Baby in the early 2000's for purchasing other people's work. But I never posted any of my own tracks or albums. I've never heard of the others, probably because I don't have, use, or buy CD's. I just assumed they were a retro item or something that artists used to make coasters or shinny mobiles.

Do they also publish or distribute music? Have they moved on to marketing? Maybe the marketing forum would have some answers, but I don't really go there. Or market for that matter. Never cared for the practice. It stinks of industry, capitalism, lies, and unfulfilled dreams. Of course, I'm old, a cynic, and a purveyor of bad music. :D

To see what people are using and their relative popularity.

Thanks for voting. I presume you did not hack the poll to add your name in the options as now appears.

Not sure what you are seeing, but I don't see me on the choices!

Like any poll - until you get a LOT of answers, its meaningless. And the choices? Kunaki produces CDs, and hosts them for sale on their site. CDBaby (and others on your list) distribute to online streaming services - and will also sell your CDs if you mail them some to sell.

Like any poll - until you get a LOT of answers, its meaningless.

And not even then. If we rely on reader responses rather than a random sample based on sufficient numbers, the results will always be suspect--even within the BBS universe. That's why we need a Truman versus Dewey poll. I suspect Dewey would win again. :D

Not sure what you are seeing, but I don't see me on the choices!

Like any poll - until you get a LOT of answers, its meaningless. And the choices? Kunaki produces CDs, and hosts them for sale on their site. CDBaby (and others on your list) distribute to online streaming services - and will also sell your CDs if you mail them some to sell.

It is a mystery, but I see your mjb on three lines under the three lines with one vote, but no box to check. Each looks like it is a hotlink too and goes to your profile. could be a bug in the forum system's code.

i just added my vote and your link disappeared. forum bug confirmed!?

It is a mystery, but I see your mjb on three lines under the three lines with one vote, but no box to check. Each looks like it is a hotlink too and goes to your profile. could be a bug in the forum system's code.

i just added my vote and your link disappeared. forum bug confirmed!?

I suspect its because YOU started the poll, you can see who voted for what. NO one else can.

I suspect its because YOU started the poll, you can see who voted for what. NO one else can.

apparently that only worked for the first vote

it is completly gone now

actually the poll instructions said that the results were public and everybody could see who voted
but did not say how they could it

Back