Send/Return Help

StarMan

Hi,

I am needing some help with working out how to access and use as a send/return my outboard hardware. Currently this is how I have my set up so hopefully you can follow the routing and making sure I have it set correctly. I am using a rack mounted Compressor and EQ and of course an interface.

In my Device Audio Connections, I have the following set up:

Interface INS in Left 1 and Right 2 and OUTS in Left 1 and Right 2.

Compressor INS in Left 11 and Right 12 and OUT in Left 3 and Right 4

EQ INS in Left 9 and Right 10 and OUT in Left 5 and Right 6.

Now my first issue is; how do I create a send/return in my Cubase if I want to use the Compressor on my vocal track only and my EQ on my guitar track only? I have read the instructions but am confused as from what I know, I click on the audio event in my project and then go to add FX Channel, click in Stereo and then find the outboard effect in my Effect boxlist, but when i do this, it is not coming up nor is it listed?

And my second issue is, if I tried selecting an in-the-box effect for example reverb and it does comes up. But from here, how do I actually route it to the specific track I want?

Forgive me - but why do you want to faff around with external compression and EQ when Cubase has it all at the push of a button?

If you want to do two external loops, then you need to assign a send to one output, and a separate one for the eq. Prefade, routed to a mono output, and that output to your external device. Feed the return through another input channel. It works fine, but is just going to add to your latency figures with multiple in and out times adding up. You can compensate for this on replay, but monitoring will be er, interesting. if you have only 6 or 7ms latency figures, that's 24ms best case for two processing jobs, two in delays and two out delays.

Back