Scarlett Solo Audio Disconnects Please Help

Adam5527

My focusrite scarlett solo audio keeps dropping out for half a second every few minutes. i have windows 10, and tried reinstalling the software for it. really could use help, almost at point of buying whole new interface and wasting 100 dollars

My focusrite scarlett solo audio keeps dropping out for half a second every few minutes. i have windows 10, and tried reinstalling the software for it. really could use help, almost at point of buying whole new interface and wasting 100 dollars

Have you been in touch with Focusrite? I have never done so but I understand they are very good at customer service? You might also run a latency checker app. How powerful is the PC? You need the very minimum of 4G of ram to run a PC and audio these days.

Focusrite 2i4 1st Gen, Windows 10, stuttering and audio dropouts - Audiofanzine

See the reply from David from Focusrite. Quite a procedure, I suggest you print out those instructions!

Dave.

Do you have your bus power settings to 'always on'? If not, this can cause it to loose connection and drop out

have you fixed all the win10 problems and removed all the extraneous crapware ?
even the crapware that may look nice which windoze provided

there are web sites with long lists of things to do to make win pcs work well with audio
you really need to find those and take care of all the problems

have you checked virtual memory settings
have you maxed your ram

is there anything phoning home every few minutes whether social media or some licensed program checking up on you
have you scrubbed the HD and compacted the data togeter NOT compress the data as that is going to cause problems

I'm on a mac, but I've run in to an issue were it will be working just fine one day, and the next day I can't monitor off of it. Signal is getting to the daw just fine, just can't hear anything. Few other forums other people are having similiar issues with a 2i2. not sure if it's related or not.

I had this problem as well- It started suddenly after I was doing some work on my computer. Turns out I had plugged in the USB to a new port I wasn't using before. The random disconnects appear to be that port not staying on continuously. It's not an OS dependent problem because it happened the exact same way on Windows 10 and Ubuntu (dual boot w/ same hardware).

I changed to a different USB port (I have lots of ports on my desktop) and it seems to have resolved the issue. I recommend trying another USB port or modifying the settings on the USB port to stay on continuously. Hope this helps someone with this annoying issue!

I know this is no help but I got a scarlett and when I plug a microphone into it , it only goes to left or right and I don't know how to make it mono. lol

I know this is no help but I got a scarlett and when I plug a microphone into it , it only goes to left or right and I don't know how to make it mono. lol

What DAW are you using?

Within the DAW you should be able to create mono tracks that get their inputs from either channel 1 or 2, and then you sholdbe able to pan it wherever you want.

What DAW are you using?

Within the DAW you should be able to create mono tracks that get their inputs from either channel 1 or 2, and then you sholdbe able to pan it wherever you want.

figured out my left, right problem, I downloaded the correct plug in from the focusrite website and it seems to not be happening anymore. I was just using OBS to capture video along with it. I still need a capturecard for my canonSL3, it's not even worth it right now. I want to learn to produce crap, not be a youtube star.

EDIT also I was using Linux Pop OS with the left right issue and i'm back on windows for other reasons. At the time I couldn't figure out how to reinstall windows and fix my dual boot because of the software I was using to make the bootUSB

Last edited:
I was having the same problem with my Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd gen) while using a usb cable that did not come stock with the interface. Switched back to the original cable and all dropouts disappeared for good. I have since found out that many usb cables are not electrically shielded as well as they should be and are much more prone to signal disrupton than a quality cable with proper shielding.

Back