Scarlett 18i20 MIDI insanity

Lifespiker

Hi all,

I just recently built a new computer system for myself. I'm using a Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen and Reaper. My problem is, when I try to record MIDI my notes not only have latency, they also don't come out together if I play a chord. I had literally 0 problems with this on my old system (same plugins, Reaper, etc.). Is there some setting I'm missing? This seems like a bigger issue than just that . . .

Thanks for any insight!

Hi....you need to tell us more about the system you built as well as your previous system. Be as detailed as possible.

It would be useful to know what interface you used before and which gave you no trouble, as well as what you are using as sound sources for the MIDI. For example, are you using VSTs, are you using an external module, or are you using MS Wavetable or suchlike?

If you play a three finger triad, with all keys going down at the same time - how much delay between the notes in musical terms, a teeny bit, or a 16th, 8th, etc. If it's coming out as three distinct notes, staggered by the same amount, then I'd expect it to be a driver issue rather than any conventional latency problem - MIDI is pretty coarse, timing wise, compared to audio, so latency is rarely perceived like this.

Back