Samson C01U USB mic/cant hear myself

kitchenman

I have have a Samson C01U. It works ok but I cant hear what I am recording as I am recording it. I think this is called "play-though". If I plug a regular mike into the sound card then its fine...an ideas people?
km

What operating system are you running, and what software are you using to record?

Be careful while working on this - if you finally get everything to work, and you have a sensitive mic near speakers, you could experience some painful/damaging feedback (in other words, you should probably wear headphones while tesing this).

Windows XP and Audacity.. Tried Adobe Auditon as well...

Since I joined the group I have read some of the other threads and tried play-through which isn't what I want... I simply want to speak into the mic and hear it! .. Currently I am using 2 mics. One into the mic in and then out into my denon amp so I can vamp it up..and the USB to capture...

sent an email to Samson support but no reply so far .. :(

Its a shot in the dark, and you may well have tried it already, but could this be solved by opening "Sounds and Audio Devices" in your control panel and messing around with the Volume Control? You may not be aware that not all potential inputs show up on the Volume Control by default - investigate the check-box list in Volume Control-> File -> Properties.

I've been there so many times! My mic appears in the mixer device drop down as Samson C01U. When I select it Playback and Other are greyed out and defaults Recording and Capture in the main window...

Kitchenman
Have you tried switching your mics around? Maybe your other mic which goes into some mic input in the computer does have pass thru.

BTW, if "pass thru" is what enables one to listen to your mic's performance, but you don't want that, but at the same time you do want to listen to your mic's performance, then what gives? My suggestion is to set up your mic levels and such in the same sound environment just prior to recording. Then when you actually record, your levels and stuff should be good.

I've read elsewhere that live use (like pass thru) has some "latency issues". This suggests to me that at least on some PC's, going "in and out" of a PC with a mic (analogue to digital to speaker out) is not well suited for for live performance. So perhaps recording is all you get with that particular mic setup.

Did the support tech get back with you yet??? I'm interested in more info on this mic. Please let us know how it's going for you. Thanks.

This is my first post, very cool forum!

I wonder if you can use more than one USB mic at the same time? But be able to set each mic to a seperate track instead of just one general feed from both mic's.

I found this while searching im going call the company and see whats going on with this because I jus copped mine yesterday and it does not work.

Change your output source

Go to your computer sound settings. On the "choose your output device" change it to your speakers.

Back