Same speakers/monitors for different outputs

Jr110

Hello

New here! And after some help

I had 2 sets of monitors...one connected to my pc computer for music production and the other connected to my dj controller & laptop for dj practicing.
Ive had to do away with a set of monitors due to relocating to a smaller room.

Is there a way i can have both computer and dj controller & laptop connected to one set of monitors for fast switching rather than unplugging the speakers everytime time etc...

Thanks

Mackie Bog Knob, however I found out recently that the inputs/outputs are not balanced, so there is a significant volume drop when using it.

What do you have for monitors and what are the connections to the monitors, XLR, 1/4"(6.35mm), RCA, or 1/8"(3.5mm).
Assuming the PC connection is the 1/8" 'Line Out'(?)

If the monitors have RCA connections, you can go stupidly cheap with a simple audio/video switchbox to select what gets routed to the monitors. I have a similar one on my own PC to send audio to a mixer, to a digital recorder, or to a set of monitors.
Amazon.com: Panlong 4-Way AV Switch RCA Switcher 4 in 1 Out Composite Video L/R Audio Selector Box for DVD STB Game Consoles: Electronics

Last edited:
Mackie Bog Knob, however I found out recently that the inputs/outputs are not balanced, so there is a significant volume drop when using it.

Hang on Mark. We (I) established a bit ago that for an UNBALANCED input or one impedance balanced (vast majority of AIs) there is an insignificant insertion loss. My MBK works very well fed from my NI KA6 and a cassette machine.

For use with a 'proper' balanced source with tip AND ring amplifiers cut the ring wire in the plugs. Should NOT have to do that and I am obliged Mark for reminding this old brain. I shall see if I can get some sense out of Mackie.

Dave.

Back