Roland FA-06 to DAW on computer

frankerector

Can I use the vocal guitar input and have it go to my computer DAW?

I'm just trying to use that rather then buying a usb audio interface.....

Will it work?

Thanks.........

Frank

Can I use the vocal guitar input and have it go to my computer DAW?

I'm just trying to use that rather then buying a usb audio interface.....

Will it work?

Thanks.........

Frank

Bugger! I have just spent 5 mins reading the FA 08 manual! Still, IF the O6 has a jack labelled "mic" AND the kbd can record audio to a PC via USB, it all should work..But.

Any 1/2 decent microphone will be on XLR and unbalanced. You can buy XLR to 1/4" jack converters for around $20 and these also have a stepup transformer in them. This useful because the transformer unbalances the mic and gives 3x (10dB+) or more "free" signal lift and that IS useful because I doubt that mic input has a brilliant gain/noise performance.

You also need to get the drivers from Roland for your PC op system and if it is W10 you might have a problem there?

You cannot of course use a capacitor mic unless it has battery power or you also buy a phantom power supply*...Getting messy now? I have to say a interface is a much better long term solution all round and IF you go the AI route be sure to get one with MIDI DIN ports.

*Caveat VERY bloody Emptor on these! Lot of cheap, underpowered ***t about.

Hosa MIT-435 XLR3F to 1/4 inch TS Impedance Transformer: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments
Dave.

I think I’m gonna get the Presonus. It has free software too.

Which model? Presonus have a very good name and just because they don't get mentioned as often as the F'rites, Steinies and Tassies, does not mean they are in any way inferior.

Dave.

Which model? Presonus have a very good name and just because they don't get mentioned as often as the F'rites, Steinies and Tassies, does not mean they are in any way inferior.

Dave.

Thanks Dave........

I just bought Presonus Professional and next week I'll get the audio interface.....

It should hopefully be a decent system...........

Frank

I wound up hating Presonus Pre.......

I downloaded the trial for Reaper and love it......

I have tons to learn on it but I've had a great time with it so far.......

Reaper and Presonus Audiobox 96.......

So much fun....

Back