Roland 1680 How to share song data over the internet

zackwest

Hi folks, I would like to share 1680 song data with a friend via email or Dropbox. He lives in the US, I live in Australia, so sharing song data via Zipdisk, CDR or DAT is out of the question...and outdated. We want to compose and build compositions organically, meaning we'll be layering recordings of different instruments across the 16 tracks, and possibly MIDI connected devices as well. If anyone has a guide to doing this, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Keep safe.

You export or 'render' any tracks or mixes to WAV or hi-res MP3, then use Dropbox or another site (google drive, etc) to share the file.

I found Dropbox a bloody nuisance as it crawls into every crevice of your PC. Son and I swap large files using WeTransfer.

MIDI data is so small you can attach it 20meg is a LONG song!

Dave.

You export or 'render' any tracks or mixes to WAV or hi-res MP3, then use Dropbox or another site (google drive, etc) to share the file.

Hi Mike, that sounds interesting. So, how does one "render" tracks...can you export via USB? Sorry, I've never done this before, so I need clear instructions if possible. Really appreciate your help.

If you're recording your songs to an external CD-R Audio Disc, your computer should provide a program to convert songs on that audio CD to MP3 files which can be sent to anyone via eMail attachments or some online music hosting site.

Windows PCs use Windows Media Player or some other program to do this conversion. Just a few clicks and and it's done.

Back