Reproducing tracks with Ableton

cogerer

Hey guys, i'm new to production, so what i'm going to start with is reproducing existing tracks instead of making up my own. Just like you do when learning to play guitar f.e. Going to use Ableton Live so here is the question:

Does anybody know a place on the Internets, like some YouTube channel where ppl take well-known tracks and show how to assemble them step by step?

Genres: tech trance, prog house, techno, house

Examples:

Egbert - Dezelfde Weg

Herzel & Genoveva – No More Lies

Mathew Jonson - Marionette

Extrawelt - Titeheld

Booka Shade - Regenerate (Lazersonic & Zak Frost Remix)

Sasha - Coma (Spangled Rubdub)

Simplicity Is Beauty – Proteus

Maceo Plex – Ain't That Love

Mind Fair – Kerry's Scene (Legowelt remix)

Pional – Into a trap

Charles Webster – I Understand You

Phil Kieran – Don't Look Far Away

Jark Prongo – Rocket Base (Laidback Luke Remix)

Radical Majik - Dubrider

Gary Martin - Turkish Tavern

Jackmate - Mont Blanc

Robert Babicz

And especially if they analyze some oldshool sounds like:

Johannes Heil – Cherubim

Vince Watson – Mystical Rhythm

Marco Passarani - Cosmic Train

Sasha - Xpander

Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It (instrumental)

Zodiac Free Arts Club – N.A.O.E. (Argy's Hacienda Remix)

Johannes Heil – The Winds

Moonbootica – June

2 things i'im interested specifically

1. Creating longer loops with more complex, changing sequences, like in Mathew Jonson's stuff. I don't have any kind of hw. (Is Live best soft for this task btw?)

2. Emulating rough "live" "handmade" "acoustic" sound.

Anyway, if could point on a channel/community where ppl show how they create their own stuff for my music likes, that would be useful too.

I don't know of any videos that explain how to build up specific songs from scratch.

I think the best way is to check out tutorials of how to find your way around your DAW and also videos on how to produce, mix and think around music production in general.

Then you can import your favourite song into your DAW and just listen (and I mean really listen). From there; try and re-build this song from scratch with the software you now master and keep the song you imported as a template on a track so you can A/B-listen when ever you want.

Start with easier songs and take it from there. Unfortunatelly there are no shortcuts to becoming a good music-producer. The best thing to do, though, is to use your own ears instead of just looking at how other set their knobs in VST-plugins.

By trying to copy sounds by ear, you'll develope your listening along with your technical knowledge and both are essential if you want to get any good :)

I hope that made any sense.. :P
Good luck!

Back