Remixing my old stuff?

coffinpilot

Can somebody please help me ?

Right it is like this , my old band recorded some demo's on 4 track a few (hundred!) years ago and one of the guys has given me what he calls his "master mp3's".

What they consist of is each instrument on their own for each song in mp3 format.

What I'm after is some sort of pc based program where I can import the mp3 of each instrument , line them up , and turn them to mp3/burn them to c.d.

Bear in mind I still record on cassette and find computer programs a pain!

Thanks very much for any help , back off to the care home for some mushed banana!

I know that both Cubase LE and Sonar v4 can do this. I've done it many times. Both of those programs have an "Import" function. You simply select an empty track in the program, click the import function, select the .mp3 file, and click OK. The program converts the file from .mp3 into the program's native format. Sonar 4 gives you the option of making the import a stereo track or a mono track. Cubase LE makes the import stereo, by default. But, you could then bounce that stereo track to another mono track. Import all of your .mp3 files to individual tracks, line 'em up, mix 'em together. Bang! Whole, complete song. While I cannot confirm that other programs that can do this, I'd bet that most could.

Acoustica Mixcraft will work best for you in this case. Its about $50 and its easy to use. Has import function and eq etc. Very simple layout and plenty of online tutorials on their website.

Mike

reaper is free to try - $40 if you decide to keep it........No limits on the trial period, no expiration....

Does that mean you could run the trial forever without paying? :confused: I'll have to look into reaper. How easy is it to use? Does it have EQ etc.?

Back