Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remember your first time opening your DAW?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Honestly, I barely remember my first DAW experience. It was not long after Y2K using Logic Silver. I do remember it was a disappointing experience with that awful software, but I eventually managed to record an overdub guitar part over a commercial recording.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bouldersoundguy For This Useful Post:

Mou

Thanks
    Just edited some of your recommendations in the page! Thank you all so much for your sharings! I love this site!

Thanks
    I suggest your site will look a lot more professional without the spelling error in the first line.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Props to you starting a site for newbies.

So you had some free time and started a site? You better be prepared to have all of the information. I been doing this for decades and don't have all the answers.

Best to you, but you should probably get a job. Not trying to be a dick, but there is too much information and experience needed to just one off a site. There is one right here already.
    Yea verily James. Not that people are not free of course to post their own views on matters of all sorts but it surely helps the noob if they get their information from a tried and trusted source?

I have lurked in many audio forums over the last 15 yrs or so and most have disbanded mainly due to trolling and every other post being someone 'effing and jeffing' at some other sucker.

Home Recording went through such a phase a year or two ago but has mercifully come through all that and is now populated by civilized peoples. (I am sure the Mods have MUCH to do with that behind the scenes.

Another forum, blessed with gentlefolk is soundonsound.com and between these two I see no need for people to stray? The only reason being perhaps that sometimes people don't like the 'right' answer and caste about for someone to agree with them?

And yes, I am as guilty of the typo as the next bloke but I try! However, if you are 'manning the presses' it behoves you to double check. (must see if I can get this W10 Lenovo OFF US spelling correction!)

Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    Another forum, blessed with gentlefolk is soundonsound.com and between these two I see no need for people to stray? The only reason being perhaps that sometimes people don't like the 'right' answer and caste about for someone to agree with them?
    I agree with you.
    DM60 Tunes: The Collection

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Okay, I'll bite ...

Check out TWEAKHEADZ (click for link). It is a website built for newbs. Tweaks passed on several years ago and the site hasn't been updated, but most of the information there is still valid.
    Ah, Rich's Tweakheadz! I learned everything I know from the pros there (some of whom are here: Massive Master, Jay and others who may have changed usernames from site to site).

Timbo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to YellowDwarf For This Useful Post:

Thread Information