Reload this Page TASCAM 2488NEO / TASCAM DP-02 Digital Portastudios

dope505069

Hi guys I am new to the forum,

I would like to know or have some help with a tricky question i have.

I have been looking at the TASCAM 2488NEO / TASCAM DP-02 Digital Portastudios and not sure which one to choose out of the two. I am a Hip Hop, RnB,Trance,Hardcore producer well aspiring one anyway. I can buy the neo for $788.00 new and delivered which is very cheap where i am Australia as the stockists here are rip off merchants lol and the DP-02 for $535.00 new and delivered. when i think about the price difference its not that bad but do I really need a 24 track recorder ? What I own and will be running through the track recorder is a Roland sh-201 synth a Roland MC-909 groove box and a cheap studio quality condenser mic (Mxl cube). and on the rare occasion an electric/acoustic guitar or an electric guitar. Please help guys do i really need the 24 track is it wrth getting if i will be expanding my recording or mates. or its not worth the extra $240 or so.

I doubt very much that you'll need a 24 track recorder although one of the users on HR uses one and his stuff is out of sight ! I think 24 tracks would be a waste for what you're doing. The DP02 is much more akin to what you'll need or something like the Zoom MRS 1266 (It has 12 tracks although two of them are stereo tracks).

For that price comparison ($535 vs $788), I would get the 2488neo. It has 24 bit recording compared to 16-bit on the DP-02.

In the US, the DP-02 is about $399 US and the 2488neo is about $699 US.

"Producer" must have a different meaning in the Rap / HipHop world...

Where are you getting a Neo for less than $800 delivered in Australia?

If your destiny is controlled by $200 on entry level, then you're going to stike much bigger hurdles on your quest.

Get the Neo. The extra tracks will come in handy, trust me.

Back