Rehearsal recording

Robbgtr

Hi Folks,

Right, here goes, a pure newbie question and first time on this forum (or any other recording forum when it comes to that!).

I'm new to this recording lark and I'm using a Yamaha AW1600 that I recently got my hands on and my question is this, Say for example I have a backing track recorded and I want to record a guitar solo, is there some sort of 'Rehearsal mode' I can use to run through the solo a few times first before recording, or do I have to actually record each run through?

When I press 'play', I can no longer hear the guitar (just the recorded tracks) and when I press 'stop' I can hear it again. Surely there's a way for me to hear playback and the guitar without recording?

Thanks in advance....!

Cheers for that Jeff, I've downloaded the manual now and by the look of things it will take a while to get through.

I can hear what I play while recording, what I'm trying to figure out is do I actually have to record while I practice a piece a few times. For example, if you were a singer and wanted to work out harmonies before recording, could you play the already recorded vocal track and practice the harmony and hear everything through the headphones without having to record and undo the practice runs?

Ok Folks,

Just in case there are any other newbies looking for an answer to this, you can use the autopunch and rehearse a section over and over - it's on pages 59 and 60 of the manual, and is indeed in the overdubbing section of the manual that Jeff5x01 mentions above from page 55 to 60.

Back