RED HAT....?????

Blue Budda

QUESTION.....can i use linux (red hat 6.0) as the platform for my pc studio????...can you run cakewalk, cool edit, etc on linux???
i hear that it is a much more stable platform, anyone got any dirt on Red Hat???
thanx...Blue Budda

I've never tried it, but as far as I know- at least CW uses a lot of Windows low-level routines instead of writing their own code. And I doubt that they'd be available
unless someone rewrote that stuff for the Linux environment using the exact same structure. Same variables/data types in each subroutine call. And how would such a rewrite
shake out under patent law? Don't ask me!
Whenever you see that blue screen of death, it sure does get you wondering if there is a better way....

Linux is getting bigger every minute!!!
even if u dont use linux as a primary OS
u can do a dual boot and run windows and linux I run it mostly to get on the net and
for programming a little
and the tools for audio are getting better and better as we speak
running on a rock solid platform
u can get the full version of red hat from http://www.cheapbytes.com for about a 3 dollars including shipping but the cds are so cheap that u might want to get the archive programs as well
hope u like
later _Syn

Wow to the Dragon for that Linux repository!
It does point out that direct conversions of some soundcard drivers and some sound programs (MIDI & Digital Audio)
( like mine: :( )
aren't yet represented. Which doesn't mean that they won't; only that they haven't yet
been written, or merely that Dragon hasn't found them. In an O/S stability is the main thing you need. And Windows leaves much to be desired in this area. I'm not alone on this complaint.

Back