recording studios in So Cal

mikew987

I know this is homerecording.com but I'm don't know where else to post this question. First, how much is the average cost to make a demo cd at a recording studio. How many songs should be on a demo cd? My budget is $1000 so can anyone make a recommendation for a So Cal studio that could do a good job in the rock/alternative/pop genre.
--I was also thinking since there are so many people with suped up home studios, is there a directory where people list their rates/services for their home studios?

Most modest studios will charge around $50-75 an hour. You can also get cheaper rates by recording durring the late night hours. A home studio might be as cheap as $15-20 an hour.

Other options are to look into any colleges with recording depts becuase often the students are looking for musicians to use on projects.

Demos are usually about 2 - 4 songs and your choice of music should depend on what you are doing the demo for. Live gigs vs. recording contract.

Dont know any So Cal studios but considering that is the media capital of the universe you should be able to find some thru the papers or internet. Go to a music store and ask around. Chances are the guys working there have their own studios and are looking for projects.

Aren't studios attached to every 7-11 or MacDonalds in So.Cal.? I bet if you look out your window right now, you'll see at least 10 of them!!!

:D :D

Bruce

Blue Bear Sound said:
Aren't studios attached to every 7-11 or MacDonalds in So.Cal.? I bet if you look out your window right now, you'll see at least 10 of them!!!

:D :D

Bruce

Closer to the truth than you might imagine.:p

Back