Recording and Mixing Heavy, Direct Input Electric Guitars [Questions!] :)

aaronglass

Hey everyone!

Not only am I new to this forum, but I'm new to recording/mixing. I love music. I create music all the time. Problem is, getting that music to SOUND good through my recordings xD

So far my setup includes 2 KRK 5 monitors, a mac mini with 8gb RAM, a line6 UX2, and Logic Express 9.

My direct input recordings sound sort of muddy (it could be just the tone's fault...the quality and bit rate is all maxed out so it's not physical quality) I've heard some bands (such as Like Moths to Flames) who've recorded with equipment not as good as mine, yet they have CD's out on the radio, etc. So I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong!

Point being, how do you guys recommend getting thick, full, professional sound from direct input electric guitars, particularly for hardcore music? I know it's possible for those of you who are against direct input.

I'm seeking any mixing or even recording advice, especially if anyone has any PodFarm tones that have worked out well for them!
Thanks so much for any future help!

I'll upload some tracks later around 2pm, so you guys can hear what I'm talking about.

Back