RECORDING HEAVY GUITARS

Scratsh

Well........ i am recording a Progressive Heavy Metal album.... i recorded the guitars...... i loved the sound.... but it's not perfect.

I work with just my computer and a few accessories..... i record, mix and master on my computer directly to a CD-R to be pressed after...

I have a Shure SM58 to record it.... to obtain real puch heavy metal guitars do you have some tips ??? Wich amp ? Mic positioning... i don't have a mix, so i equalize after all the record phase..... certanly it will improve my sound, right ?

Thanks...

Hey man,
You're from Brazil... Are you a Soulfly fan??? They have the guitar sound from hell. If this is the sound you are looking for I might be able to help... Max Calavera is a big influence on my music.

Yeah !!! The band is progressive, but i am a real 80's thrash metal, so i ever try to do a real crunch guitar sound.... but i ever did it on live concerts... i am new on recording...

I love Sepultura !!! I am not a Soul Fly fan because i don't like to use electronic stuff, but i want this kind of sound.... not so agressive 'cause it's a Progressive band... but one of the songs is on C#, it's aggressive.... and i already recorded with a Ibanez with a Digitec RP-6..... it rocks ! But now i want the color and de puch.... i will try ! :)

Back