Reaper click problem??

ThrustTony

Hey Guys

I've recently started a new project after updating Reaper and noticed the click track goes strange!

It's fine till I set a different tempo in the set time signature marker and then it beeps at the start and goes from a strong signal to a weak signal but not in the normal way.

More of a fizzle out.

It beeps at the start where ever I start it but works fine before I enter a different time signature.

I've included a link below to it on soundcloud

Untitled by ThrustTony on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

It doesn't sound normal to me. A slight crackle to it as well.

Only after the time signature has been changed though

I re installed Reaper again and it still does it.

I've installed older versions of Reaper to see if it's a problem with the new version and 4.22 is fine but anything newer than that then the click problem occurs.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've just got some new click sounds and opened them in Reaper and the problem is still there.

The beep that shouldn't be there still comes up at the point where I press play and I can hear the old click track under the new one.

The quality is really bad as well.

A lot of crackle

It also sounds like two clicks one after the other now like a horse galloping! lol

Any help would be great thanks

I would report this at the cockos reaper forum.

REAPER Forums - Cockos Confederated Forums

Thanks for your reply.

I've posted on the Cockos forum and another forum but only had one reply and tried there idea which was to use an external click but that didn't sort the problem.

I've e mailed Cockos as well cause I think this maybe a problem with the Reaper software.

Saying that, I haven't seen anyone else report this problem so it seems like it's only me that's experienced it.

I've tried everything and can't think of anything else to try.

I've tried to replicate your problem, with no luck. I started with a tempo of 120, changed it a couple of bars later to 100, then a couple of bars later to 80. I've tried with the tempo change exactly on a bar line, then at a random spot within a bar. It all seems to behave fine. This doesn't help you much.

However, you could try similar to see what happens. Start a new project, don't add any tracks, but just play with tempo changes and see if the problem persists.

Hey Guys

Thanks for your messages

I've tried tuning up my laptop, re installing Reaper, re starting my laptop, re installing my interface and moving all other files out of the Reaper file to make sure it's not a plugin causing mayhem but it still does it.

I've tried moving the time marker about. What's strange is it does it when the track is pretty much hard over to the left but not when I move it more to the middle

I'm having this problem with my laptop so I installed the new version of Reaper on my Desk top to see if the problem was with Reaper or my laptop and the same problem occurs on that as well but on my Desk top it's more of a frog sound than a beep! lol

Yes report it but....

You're better off making your own click track rather than relying on the built-in metronome.

Only takes a minute to make a few bars of midi quarter notes and then stretch it across the length of the song.
Use a low-cpu soundfont vsti to make the noise.
You can even customize it to whatever sounds you want.

You can even render it out to a NO-cpu-using audio track, too.

Back