radio effect for vocals

LAWL_im_so_EMO

So im trying to get that "poppy" radio effect for vocal tracks.
Sorry, i cant think of a specific example cause i dont listen to the type of music but its in almost every single modern pop song by britney spears or justinbieber.

Ive tried doing it with just my eq plug ins by high passing a track to death but that doesnt seem to hit the mark even that close.
Any tips?
thanks

Britney spears ....you mean the heavily over produced vocal tracks that end up sounding like.................................................:eek:

:cool:

A lot of care is taken when recording vocals in professional studios. There's mic choice, different vocal booths, EQ, Compression, BG Vox, compression, panning, automation, compression, reverb, autotune, and compression. Did I mention compression? :laughings:

just go on garage band, play your vocal track over and over again using different guitar effects, thats right, guitar effects on your vocals, failing that, using cubase sx use guitar rig program, download that as part of it and do the same thing, its just eq and some distortion, but youd spend hours trying to get the same eq, as theyve said above the mic and booth etc do also effect this, but for cheap easy cheats, try what ive said, garage band would be easiest

Re you referring to glossy pop vocals or the AM radio vocal effect (super lo-fi)?

first of all, i absolutely cannot believe i have to resort to using this example cause i hate this little kid, but its exactly the kind of thing im talking about, and for some reason i cant find any other song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHVhwcOg6y8

whenever he says "one time" it has the "radio effect" im talking about.

Or another way to phrase it: it sounds like the vocal is being played back from a cheap radio.

first of all, i absolutely cannot believe i have to resort to using this example cause i hate this little kid, but its exactly the kind of thing im talking about, and for some reason i cant find any other song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHVhwcOg6y8

whenever he says "one time" it has the "radio effect" im talking about.

Or another way to phrase it: it sounds like the vocal is being played back from a cheap radio.

Just wondering... why do you have two accounts?

Use high pass and low pass filters together until it sounds "radio-ish" then add a guitar distortion plugin if you want a little more "fuzz"

With the HP/LP, try somewhere between 500Hz and 1kHz for the HP and maybe between 4-5kHz for the LP.

the day someone can give me a reason why they dislike justin other than "he's gay" or "he sounds girly" i'll be amazed.

I'm not really a fan of him but he can sing and he's young. two +'s in my book

the day someone can give me a reason why they dislike justin other than "he's gay" or "he sounds girly" i'll be amazed.

I'm not really a fan of him but he can sing and he's young. two +'s in my book

And has a record deal ....make that 3 +'s

:cool:

Back