Questions About Spring Reverb

Walking Thunder

Hi all,

I've been reading threads on this site for a while, but this is my first post. I have searched for anserwers to this question and haven't been able to find any exactly, so forgive me if this has been covered already and I missed it.

I am somewhat new to analog recording (I have a Tascam 244) and am struggling to understand how to add spring reverb to my mix. Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the signal from the Tascam would need to be amplified before the spring and then again on the way back to the Tascam. Before I spend money on a stand alone spring reverb unit, I am wondering if it's possible to utilize my stereo receiver (Maranz 2230) and the spring reverb unit in my Fender Deluxe.

So my question is: is there a way to do something like Tascam - Fender Deluxe - Marranz - Tascam?

Or can I possibly do it with just the amp, using the effects loop?

For parallel effects, which is what an effects loop is for, you want to be able to set the effect to 100% "wet" with none of the original "dry" signal coming through, and then adjust the "wet/dry" blend using the effects return (aux receive on your unit). An amp won't likely go to 100% wet. A proper spring reverb effect would be able to connect directly to your 244.

Back