Pro tools set up

shapes

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.......

I'm getting my hands on Pro Tools 002 LE interface and a 24 track analog mixer. What I want to know is what's the best way of wiring both together. The mixer has 8 busses so is it best to simply hook up those busses to the inputs on the pro tools interface (of which there are 8) and work from there?....... That way I can get a nice analog sound before putting the audio into the computer and regardless of the source I can have control over it before going to the interface...... I think!!

I'd appreciate any help or advice you can give me :O)

shapes said:
The mixer has 8 busses so is it best to simply hook up those busses to the inputs on the pro tools interface (of which there are 8) and work from there?....... That way I can get a nice analog sound before putting the audio into the computer and regardless of the source I can have control over it before going to the interface...... I think!!

that's exactly what i'd do :cool:

assuming the mixer has 8 group outs. each of these would go into
an input. you could also subgroup drum mikes for example to stereo on two
group outputs. Do you have pan controls on the group outs ?
if you do - and your subgrouping drums to two subgroups - just remember to set one pan fully clockwise and other counter clockwise. and use the pan controls on the individual mixer channels to set the mic pans of the input.

You are on the right track. Also if you can find a busted ADAT (powers up but transport does not work) you can use that as an additional 8 channel analog outpit (via the oprical out) They way you can use your console for mixing to which stomps mixing inside the computer almost all the time.

Back