Pro FX 16 help

jbreslau

I am new to mixing boards and I am trying to help my son and his band set things up. I have the main PA speakers working. I am trying to set up the monitors (VP1220F) with an EP2000 amp. I can get MON 1 working but MON 2 has no sound at all. I switched cables from both the amp to monitors and FX16 to amp. If I switch 1 and 2 I can get thew other monitor working. So I know the monitor is good. And I know all the cables are good.

Thanks.

Do you have the Mon 1 and Mon 2 dials both turned up on the channel with the mic? How about the two Sub channels - guessing you need to press a button to send to Mon 1 and Mon 2 on them.

Do you have the Mon 1 and Mon 2 dials both turned up on the channel with the mic? How about the two Sub channels - guessing you need to press a button to send to Mon 1 and Mon 2 on them.

Hmmm. Never even looked at the sub sliders. I'll check that out. I'm a computer engineer but this board makes me feel like an idiot. Lol

The Sub sliders should have nothing to do with it. You need the Mon 2 knob turned up on the channel(s) in question and the Mon 2 master (under Aux Master) turned up. The level on the amp would also need to be turned up. Make sure the amp isn't set to mono (bridge) or something.

Generally speaking, I set the levels in order of signal path, starting with input gain, then channel level, then master, then the amp. Do the most critical channel for the given Mon first, setting it to U(nity), then the Mon master to U, then bring up the amp. Once the most critical channel is set you can add other channels into that mix as needed. A singer is going to need their own voice especially strong in their own mix. Shared mixes get to be a matter of compromise.

Last edited:
Back