Preamp Advice - Behringer TUBE ULTRAGAIN MIC100

lurgan liar

Jimmy Page XXVIII
Can anyone tell me of their experience with this preamp...

i don't have much money to play around with and i have heard that this preamp is good for the price ...

i wanna use a condenser mic with it (MXL 990 / 991)

Thanks in advance

They cost $50 here in the States and I can't imagine them not being worth that much if they work at all. When you want to sell it you'll probably get most of that back if you keep it in good shape. Behringer have brought some questionable stuff to the marketplace but the overall effect of pressure from below has been, In My Humble Opinion, quite positive.

Yeah, I don't have much experience in telling one preamp from the other, but I have used the MIC200 which has a few more options than the 100. I recorded 4 sides of a couple of old spoken word LP's for my grandma. I put them on CD. I recorded through the pre with a CAD M177 mic. The results were bloody great. Really, I can vouch for the quality of the recorded sound. I just aimed my mic at the speakers and it was good.

Thanks guys .... well its either gonna have to be one of these or else an m-audio audio buddy .....

i wish i was rich :rolleyes:

I've used the Behringer and it's great. It gives me a clear, dry sound for my verses and hooks so that I can go back and tweak them with reverbs, delays, and eq's. What kind of music are you doing. I use mine for hip hop/rap and sometimes r&b and I like how it fits on my workspace desk lol.

we pla kinda ....bluesy / country / acoustic rock with the odd harmonica and distorted les pauls guitar lead break in there ....

the closest thing i can describe us as is a mixture between bob dylan and zeppelin ....

strange i know :confused:

M-Audio gear usually seems to get good ratings on this board, so I would at least check out the M-Audio Audiobuddy, or better yet the DMP3. It is more expensive, (~$160) but from what people have posted about it, it would be a step up in quality compared to the Behr or the Audiobuddy. I have not used either of these, but I would generally say that M-Audio is better than Behringer.

Just my opinion.

Have fun, whatever you do.

Fieva said:
That should work for you. Are you playing live or just in house?

Well it will be used both a band rehearsals and also in the house .... so a mixture of both really ....

i don't want to buy something that will degrade the sound quality of the mics ..... so i still am not sure what to go for .... i think i migt just wait a while and get the M-Audio DMP 3 ..it seems to get a lot of good reviews here

Thanks
:)

Back