Pre delay effect?

dancipet

how to do that kind of stuff it this song at 2:11 : youtube.com/watch?v=QOwVAv9iYG4

i think its called pre delay effect, its a kind off bass effect of bass frequency change or i dont know please help me

How to do that kind of thing ?
Sorry for my bad english.

IDK Sounds like a break/cut then a low kick or bass hit in there.
Predelay is a time offset before the onset of a verb or ambience effect.

Hey there first post. :drunk:

how to do that kind of stuff it this song at 2:11 : youtube.com/watch?v=QOwVAv9iYG4

i think its called pre delay effect, its a kind off bass effect of bass frequency change or i dont know please help me

How to do that kind of thing ?
Sorry for my bad english.

Sounds like a kick drum or big tom which has had its envelope extended a bit.

I didn't listen but I was thinking about taking a vocal track, reversing it, adding reverb, then reversing it again to get a "pre-delay-effect" - cause I'm all crazy like that...

and showing my ignorance here.. I've heard the term but what makes it a 'drop (vs they just played it?

I didn't listen but I was thinking about taking a vocal track, reversing it, adding reverb, then reversing it again to get a "pre-delay-effect" - cause I'm all crazy like that...

I did that once. I was with two friends, we were doing a massed vocal so I treble tracked us at 3 different speeds having reversed the tape. Each of us sang the melody but not in English. Or not all in English. Much of it was gibberish, made up but with a good amount of reverb. Done that way it just sounded freaky. When the tape was turned back the right way with the proper music and the reverb tail preceding the gibberish which was now backwards gibberish, it was positively frightening. Sounded cool. Do not play this kind of thing to little children at night !

I just used what I believe is an 808 sample. Got it off a free sample site. Then used Cubase pitch shift envelope. I have heard a free vst called 'Tape Stop' can do it as well. What DAW are you using? Or I can just email this one to you. PM me if want it.

Back