Pop filters

I made one using tights and used that for a long time.

Then I realised I had spent thousands of dollars on interfaces, monitors, mikes and the rest of it, and I was making do with tights?

So I got a decent pop filter.

I look at it slightly different.... Whatever I can DIY (within reason) I will. I built my own studio (three, in fact), my bass traps, my desk, my bass guitar (well, assembled and finished for you semantic-worshippers!!), my computer, and my pop filter.

But some of the nasty doods that sing in my studio require lacquer thinner to kill the germs... lol

:facepalm:

Some foam filters (like the Håkan) have easily changeable foams - so, for these nasty characters, you can get them their own foam which is only used for them and seal it safely away when they are not there. ;) :D :thumbs up:

:facepalm:

Some foam filters (like the Håkan) have easily changeable foams - so, for these nasty characters, you can get them their own foam which is only used for them and seal it safely away when they are not there. ;) :D :thumbs up:

"What do you use those bio-hazard bags for?"

:laughings:

Joking aside, I work with dancers routinely, and although I don't understand the Denier ratings, their cast offs do come in handy. The embroidery loop thing is actually really good for this - and you can use different fabric types - the thin black stuff is good for most, but some really blast and the more thick woolly tights work better for them, with only a tiny tail off of HF. flesh coloured looks horrible, but black looks fine. I'd buy a ready made cheap one, but expensive ones? no way!

In 1996, I worked with a guy who had one of these voices - the ones that just sound like you imagine VO voices sound like, well before the current crop of 'effected' VO voices, and I got him a few bit of work, before I went off to do other things and I just heard his voice on the TV, but discovered it's his son! He has exactly the same voice as his dad! Must run in the family.

Here in the UK, something weird has happened with VO talent, though. The British accent that I hear all the time on popular US TV series has simply vanished and it's use is now minimal on TV and radio. We call what we hear on US TV as a Brit voice - RP (Received Pronounciation) but it's been replaced by regional accents. The BBC moved from London to Salford, in Manchester - so now it's far more common to hear the UK accents from the regions. Some of our accents are probably impossible for American folk to understand, because not only has it got a strong accent, it even has new words. If you want some examples - google how it's made and find the same episode from a US source and a UK source. Our one has a Northern Accent.

Reet, yo better bahrn dahn an harken unto 'em

(with apologise to the late, great Peter Sellers)

Voices DO follow family traits. There was a guy on the Open University years ago who was a dead spit for Jim Dale the comedy actor (Carry on Doctor is one) and the guy on the OU even SOUNDED just like Jim! Seen a few other examples of that over the years.

There is a famous comedy actor who is forever being thought to be gay but isn't! He said his voice came from being brought up in the company of mainly women, mum and aunties IIRC.

Dave.

The BBC here have started firing people for making comments on their social media accounts - Politics is dangerous to have an opinion on!

Back