Please listen to my first recording and tell me the brutal truth!

DavidUK93

Hi, I am a musicologist and arranger and have attempted to do my own recording using Cubase on a pc. I have had no training- just read the manuals for a couple of months...The thing is, when I play my recordings back as Cubase projects on the near-field monitors, they sound great. But when I export them to audio in order to burn to a CD (128 CD quality, .wma format), then use Nero Express to burn the cd, the quality of sound on the CD has deteriorated substantialy- it is just nowhere near as good. I just can't figure out why...

I have uploaded a one minute sample of my first recording of Christmas Carols on a website, from which i did intend to try to sell it. But when you play the recording, it just does not have the impact which I get when i play it in Cubase project on the near field monitors.

I would be grateful if anyone who likes to criticise and point out the faults (perhaps obvious ones!) in others, would care to listen to the one-minute sample and tell me where I am going wrong!

click on the link below, then click on "Listen Now" and go to the Christmas carols...

Many thanks
David
www.christmasideas.biz

You should be saving your tunes as .wav files at 44.1 khz sampling rate and 16 bit word length.
I listened to a carol. The synth is kind of cheesie but that's a matter of taste. The percussion in the background is kind of distracting and the vocal is completely buried by the music. Besides that it's OK.:cool:

You should be saving your tunes as .wav files at 44.1 khz sampling rate and 16 bit word length.
Thats the name of that tune!! If you want to upload your songs to the Internet then you would convert to Mp3,Wma etc. They were created for that very reason. They are compressed down to a smaller size for streaming. Whenever you compress a wave file you start to lose the quality of the sound.
:cool:

Back