Please help me im begging

TAWKOFNY

hi whats up guys im new here. im actually new to all this recording stuffok heres my problem

right now im recording using a program called magix music maker with a crappy raw mic thats costed 8 bux

i just got a new mic its an akg preception 200 an i cant figure out how to hook it up to my computer ....can anyone here pleaseee help me???

im sorry but im soo new to this that i dont know what any of that stuff is

currently i have a tascam us 122

its the usb audio interface

about the sound card ..how would i know if i have one of them

im sorry but im soo new to this that i dont know what any of that stuff is

currently i have a tascam us 122

its the usb audio interface

about the sound card ..how would i know if i have one of them

you dont need a soundcard . your USB interface IS asound card. dose it have phantom power? (if you dont know, google it and find out)

you should be able to go into your audio hardwareset up in the recording software, and select the USB interface as your recording device. then arm a track for recording and hit record. you should be good to go

The tascam will work as your audiocard/interface. make sure it is set up as your default audio device in your computer. hook up your speakers if they are powered(Like Computer Speakers) or the input of your amp (if you are using one) to the tascam's output. plug the mic into the tascam using an xlr mic cable. turn the phantom power on the tascam on. !!!make sure the phantom power is OFF before you plug in or unplug the mic!!!!!

The tascam will work as your audiocard/interface. make sure it is set up as your default audio device in your computer. hook up your speakers if they are powered(Like Computer Speakers) or the input of your amp (if you are using one) to the tascam's output. plug the mic into the tascam using an xlr mic cable. turn the phantom power on the tascam on. !!!make sure the phantom power is OFF before you plug in or unplug the mic!!!!!

lol you just re-said what i said hahaha

lol you just re-said what i said hahaha

We must have been typing at the same time.

ok the mic is working an everything but its only recording from the left speaker..its not recording even

Are you going into a left stereo input and coming out no the left side of a stereo track? if you are you need to send the left stereo input to a mono channel and you will hear it out of both speakers.

ok the mic is working an everything but its only recording from the left speaker..its not recording even

i think your problem is that you've selected a stereo track for recording. but its not a stereo microphone. you're recoding on a mono signal into a stereo track. so that will make you track have "left side only" recording. there should be an option to switch it in you audio hardware or track set up.

Back