Please Help !!!!

rhythm girl

I talked to some of you about making midi backing tracks. I now have a small midi keyboard controller which comes with Abelton Live Lite. I am now having problems setting it up....

The only driver I have on my laptop is mme/directx. I don't have a audio interface yet so I ran my guitar through the mic input and the midi controller through the usb port.

I have the audio input output devices set I am running in/out sample rate of 44100hz. tone volume @ -44db. Output buffer size @ 880 samples. The input buffer size is maxed out @ 11104 samples and it is still breaking up. Also, while I'm trying to set the volume level of my guitar it sometimes starts roaring so loud I have to take my head set off just to keep from busting my ear drums!

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? PLEASE!!!!:confused:

I would be surprised if your laptop did not need a special driver installed to use the the MIDI controller through the USB port. Such drivers should have come with the controller, and should also be available on the website supporting the controller. Once the driver is installed and the controller is connected, it should show up as an selectable MIDI "input port" or "input device" in the Abelton software, but it my not be recognized automatically, in which case you will have to select it manually.

Back