Please allow me to introduce myself...

But did you watch with glee while the kings and queens fought for ten decades, for the gods they made ?
If not, welcome to HR !
If so, as we meet I'll have some courtesy, some sympathy and some taste. I'll use all my well learned politesse so please don't lay my soul {or funk} to waste !

Woo woo !

Umm... no, I didn't do all that. Sounds like too much work. :p

Madame Butterface sounds like a midi equiv of a soundtrack to a silent Keystone movie which, I guess, is a Donkykong soundfile.
You'd do well to remove the rhythm track and drop the melodies bleeps over some beat or other.
Welcome to HR, be prepared to learn at a rate you previously thought impossible.
Shirley you don't think we'd play with names!
Take everything with a grain of salt unless you have arterial disease or foreshore real estate by the Red Sea.
My state of grace is in the notes of the same name. As to taste: I can only offer the darling buds die at an astounding rate & are replaced by sugar/salt/fat receptors faster than maccows can consume the former rainforests of the southern lands and levitate the subsistance rancheros with their bi end bovine valve emissions. In the words of the great green philosopher Soom Tinelz: catch a falling fart & put it in a bucket. Save it for a rainy day!

Madame Butterface sounds like a midi equiv of a soundtrack to a silent Keystone movie which, I guess, is a Donkykong soundfile.

I thought the same thing, actually. The HT-700 does have a sort of video game sound quality to it. But I love it anyway. That said, I thought I did a pretty good job, this being the first piece I've ever written and all. :D

The HT-700's big brother, the HT-6000 (which I didn't own when I recorded this), has a more airy or glassy sound. It's funny how people always bash the HT series based on how the consumer-grade HT-700 sounds, when most of them have never heard the more professional HT-6000. The "cathedral" patch on the latter is one of the most beautiful synth voices ever, in my opinion.

I think I will be mostly using the recently acquired Electribes (ER-1, ES-1, and EA-1) for rhythm tracks from now on. I'm also putting electro-acoustic transducers in all of my Casio drum pads (to add velocity sensitivity) so I can use them to program more natural sounding drum tracks into the RZ-1 by actually playing them instead of scripting them. :D

Madame Butterface is the tentative name of the act, by the way - not the song title. I couldn't think of a title for it, so I refer to it as "the Casio song".

Regards,
Jim

She must've figured we needed more variety in our television viewing diet, else we wouldn't be here talking about music on the Internet.

I gave up the boob tube years ago. Same thing over and over, even on the so called educational channels. ~ guess I've learned all there is to learn. :laughings:

:cool:

Back