PAZ Meter explanation

Ssublett

Hey guys, I’m very new to things and will most like be asking some questions over the next year. I have the waves Paz analyzer and I don’t fully understand it. I understand the the rms mode as the two outside lines show the R and L peak signals and the middle bar is the overall average of the volume.

The Peak mode is what I don’t understand. What is the middle bar reading in Peak mode? If it’s reading peak, shouldn’t the middle bar be reading same peaks as the R and L on the side?

Hey guys, I’m very new to things and will most like be asking some questions over the next year. I have the waves Paz analyzer and I don’t fully understand it. I understand the the rms mode as the two outside lines show the R and L peak signals and the middle bar is the overall average of the volume.

The Peak mode is what I don’t understand. What is the middle bar reading in Peak mode? If it’s reading peak, shouldn’t the middle bar be reading same peaks as the R and L on the side?

I dont have the plugin and have only just dldd the .pdf manual but. All meters have 'ballistics' and the integration time will vary according to the maker's choice. Likely it is editable in the PAZ as well.

Then, I would guess the centre scale is reading the instantaneous mono sum? If so its value will be the reultant of the L/R peak additions and their relative phases. Try recording two 1kHz tones at -6dBfs and see what'appen.

RMS values also depend upon an integration time and that can be all over the shop according to different maths, which is I shall tell you FAR beyond MY comprehension!

Now, in the nicest possible way and with a nod to the season...RTFM.

Dave.

Back